Message of Founder
Shaheed Hakim Mohammad Said
Pakistan is an invaluable gift of Allah Almighty to the Muslims of subcontinent. It is our foremost duty to love, build and protect this promised land from the bottom of our hearts and make our all-out efforts to carry this country to the heights of glory as desired by its founder Quaid-i-Azam Mohammed Ali Jinnah.
It is one of my main objectives to establish Hamdard in Karachi, Pakistan is to make it an institution of not only of health and medicine, but a fountain – like organization of philanthropy from which the waves of patriotism, service to people and reconstruction of Pakistan would originate and irrigate the foundations of Pakistan. My message to the people of Pakistan particularly to youths is “Love Pakistan --- Build Pakistan”.
I have a mission of spreading education in the country, for education is the master key of progress, and a clear vision about Hamdard, besides a benevolent organization, I am desirous of making Hamdard a reputed institution of research and scientific studies on herbal medicines and products to make them and the system of Eastern Medicine (Unani Medicine) to a successful treatment of modern day’s diseases.
Message of President
Mrs. Sadia Rashid
My father, Shaheed-e-Pakistan Hakim Mohammed Said, was a remarkable humanitarian, an eminent social scientist, a renowned physician and revivalist of Traditional Medicine, who had lent a new dimension to Alternative Medicine having getting it recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO).Hamdard Laboratories (Waqf), Hamdard Foundation Pakistan, Hamdard Clinics and Madinat al-Hikmah – a city of science, culture and education, are a testimony of his love for humanity, devotion to the promotion of education and learning and dedicated service to the people of Pakistan.
His struggle and mission in pursuit of the well-being of the poor and betterment for Pakistan will continue to inspire us. Love Pakistan, Build Pakistan, was the watchword that he gave to the people of Pakistan.
I pledge myself to continue his mission under all circumstances.
Message of Director General
A Country that wishes to be great and respected needs true and strong men.
Shaheed Hakim Mohammad Said was one of the strong men of Pakistan. He was a great scholar, Mater of Eastern Medicine and a wise man. His kind, smiling and elegant personality was the symbol of greatness and respect of Pakistan in the country and outside. He loved Pakistan and built Pakistan. He gave his knowledge, wisdom and wealth to the country for 50 years and finally his blood. He is martyr. He is alive and alive is his mission to provide healthcare to sick. Learning to the ignorant. A helping hand to the helpless. For his mission, he established Hamdard Foundation Pakistan. The martyred Hakim Mohammad Said knew “A drop of ink from the pen of a scholar is more precious than the blood of martyr”.
He built “Madinat al-Hikmah – a city of education, science and culture. Hamdard Foundation Pakistan is actively carrying the mission of Shaheed Hakim Mohammad Said under the guidance of its Majlis-e-Nozama, a Governing Body. The Foundation is contributing towards different philanthropic activities in the field of health, education and social welfare.
- 20 Hamdard Free Mobile Dispensaries are providing free treatment to thousands of poor and needy patients in 12 cities of Pakistan.
- Hamdard Hospitals, Shifa-ul-Mulk Memorial Hospital, Naimat Begum Mother & Child Care Unit – Hamdard Hospital and Taj Medical Complex Ltd., are providing the free of cost treatment through free treatment patient scheme.
- Providing educational aid and scholarships to meritorious and needy students.
- Providing free of cost education in Hamdard Village School to about 700 students of 38 villages, with free of cost of books, uniforms, shoes and school bags.
- Providing financial aid to widows, orphans and disable persons on monthly basis.
- Providing financial grants to various National Institutions (NGOS).
- Provide free ration to poor families in the month of Ramzan.
- Provide help to calamities effected people.
- Publishing books of science, medicine, education, literature and books of various fields at subsidized price.
- Holding popular forums “Hamdard Naunehal Assembly and Shura Hamdard to provide thousands of children of big cities of Pakistan a platform to achieve necessary knowledge and leadership skills.
Hamdard Foundation Pakistan has pledge to expand and increase its philanthropic activities whenever necessary with its own sources.